Monday, August 3, 2015

The Start Of A New School Year

Wow, I cannot believe it's that time once again! For me it's the start of the new school year! My summer has officially come to an end.  What's so different about it this year is that I will be starting at a new school. I have the same position as before (Miss Tech Teacher) and I am very excited!

I officially started my first day today. I met most of the staff and teachers that I will be working with, and they are all happy that I am there. Everyone seems so nice and kind too. The librarian even invited me to lunch with two other staff members. I thought that was very nice of her to invite me. And it was good getting to know them.   I just hope that I do a great job and provide my students with the best I have to offer them.

This will be my fifth year teaching Technology! Wow time sure does fly! I can remember when I posted here a few years ago about my first day on the job. I have learned a lot since then and I play to to take what I learned and apply it at my new school.

In a couple of days I get a chance to meet most of my students. I am looking forward to that. I will be teaching Kindergarten through Fourth Grade like I did before at my previous school. The students will be using laptops to complete their work.   I really hope and pray that this school year goes well for me. I look forward to collaborating with teachers and coming up with new and exciting projects for my students to enjoy.

This year I will be teaching out of a portable classroom located on the property of the school. Think of it as a double wide trailer. I really like it! It looks very nice with new floors and such. I will be getting a Smart Board, Projector and Elmo to use in my lessons. My space is pretty big and I have a lot of room to work with. I have the usual tables, chairs, desks, bookshelf, etc. As of right now however, my space is not quite ready. I do not have electricity as of yet. Hopefully that will change by the end of the week. So I really cannot do anything with my space as of yet. I will take before and after pictures and post them later.

I think I am going to have a great school year. This will be the first time that I am without any of my previous employees that I worked with for four years. Although we are all gone our separate ways I hope and pray they have a great school year as well. And although I feel like a small fish in a big pond, I am confident that I will get comfortable and make new friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment